Happy Fall Hubbers! Here’s your Week in Review for Friday, September 25th!
Books and Reading
- The New York Times has a plot twist for us! E-books sales have slipped, and apparently print is far from dead according to their latest headline.
- In honor of Bi Visibility Day, We Need Diverse Books put together a list of YA books with Bi lead characters.
- Marvel announces new Black Panther comic series to be written by Ta-Nehisi Coates.
- The Mary Sue takes a look back at how comics have dealt with domestic abuse plot lines.
- Are you all ready for Banned Book Week starting this Sunday? Lots of articles coming out in preparation for the big event. Here’s one discussing how most challenged books are either by or about people of color. Here’s the ALA list of the Top 10 most frequently challenged YA titles.
- Goodreads put together their Top 100 YA Books of All Time.
- Pope Francis was in DC this week. Here is the transcript of his speech to Congress.
- Buzzfeed did a spotlight on a series of Harry Potter comics that feature James and Lily as a young couple on Tumblr from artist Julvett.
- Viola Davis became the first African American woman to win an Emmy for Best Actress in a Drama.
- Maisie Williams from Game of Thrones fame is set to star in the film adaptation of The Forest of Hands and Teeth!
- Mary Sollosi from Entertainment Weekly wrote about the 6 Reasons we still love the Pride and Prejudice miniseries after 20 years (has it really been that long?!).
Just for Fun!
- A picture essay from the Guardian: Bookmarks versus dog ears: how you keep track of your reading.
- Get Peanutized! Turn yourself into a Peanuts character.
—Katie Shanahan Yu, currently reading Popular: Vintage Wisdom for a Modern Geek by Maya Van Wagenen
You may also like:
The following two tabs change content below.
Katie Shanahan Yu
Katie Shanahan Yu is a Media Specialist for a middle school in Rockville, MD. Find her on Twitter: @kakakates