Happy Friday, Hubbers! Wow, that new Twilight news – big surprise! And, I agree with @alli_librarian – that book is going to take up some shelf space, that’s for sure! Plus, Doctor Who, Taylor Swift (kind of), and, of course, I worked in a Bachelor/Bachelorette reference. ICYMI, I’m here to compile all the other fun and interesting news here just for you! Here’s your Week in Review for Friday, October 9th.
Books & Reading
- I woke up Tuesday morning to news of this: ready for Beau & Edythe instead of Bella & Edward? Well, here it is: New Twilight News. I’ll buy it, but it doesn’t seem like Twilight is as popular as it once was in my library. Maybe this will invigorate new readers?
- Quvenzhané Wallis signs four-book deal with Simon & Schuster
- Interesting blog post I’ve seen floating around on Twitter: Stop telling teens that you don’t like them!
- Her Bachelor/Bachelorette tweets are almost better than the show. And, she’s a great writer, too – Jennifer Weiner to Pen First Children’s Project at Aladdin
- Ooh!! Can’t wait to read this! Zeroes: it sucks to be a teen, even with powers
Movies, TV, Music & Video Games
- Well, what – 5 years after I finished the book, the final movie in the Hunger Games quadruple(?) will be released. Take a look at the new trailer here: Mockingjay Trailer
- Well, I can’t wait for the new X-Files – New X-Files is Wow
- I know this was last week…but, did you see Ryan Adams on The Daily Show performing songs from his reimagining of Taylor Swift’s 1989? Ryan Adams on The Daily Show
- Is Sherlock any good? Are people excited for the return? I wouldn’t know, but I did notice this teaser trailer that is inching me closer to just trying out the series already – New Sherlock Teaser
- And, sorry for more Mockingjay stuff, but I really love the new poster: Mockingjay Poster
Just for Fun
- So, I’m not that big of a fan of Doctor Who (did I just say that out loud?!), but I know my teens will go bananas over this: Doctor Who! Lego!
- October 21, 2015: the day that Marty McFly lands in Back to the Future II or what I call the superior movie in the series (even though I do miss Crispin Glover). Anyways: check out these fun things that are happening to celebrate: Jaws 19 & Pepsi Perfect. I really want a Pepsi Perfect right now.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson calls it for Superman? No; I do not accept. Neil deGrasse Tyson Explains Batman versus Superman
- Tina Belcher is the best teen on television. Discuss. Sexual Agency and Zombie Butts: Why Bob’s Burgers‘ Tina Belcher Matters
Any news we missed? Let us know in the comments!
— Traci Glass, currently reading I Crawl Through It by A.S. King