Drum roll, please! The finalists for the 2016 Nonfiction Award have been announced! Check them out via the video below and keep reading for the list!
2016 Nonfiction Award finalists:
- “Enchanted Air: Two Cultures, Two Wings: A Memoir” written by Margarita Engle, and published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers, an imprint of Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing;
- “First Flight Around the World: The Adventures of the American Fliers Who Won the Race” written by Tim Grove, and published by Abrams Books for Young Readers, an imprint of ABRAMS;
- “Most Dangerous: Daniel Ellsberg and the Secret History of the Vietnam War” written by Steve Sheinkin, and published by Roaring Brook Press, an imprint of Macmillan’s Children’s Publishing Group;
- “Symphony for the City of the Dead: Dmitri Shostakovich and the Siege of Leningrad” written by M.T. Anderson, and published by Candlewick Press;
- “This Strange Wilderness: The Life and Art of John James Audubon” written by Nancy Plain, and published by University of Nebraska Press
Congrats to all the finalists! Learn more about the award, as well as read annotations for each finalist on YALSA’s Nonfiction Award page.
Attending Midwinter? YALSA will host a reception honoring the finalists and the winner, as well as YALSA’s Morris Award finalists and winner, from 10:30 a.m. to noon on Jan. 11, Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, room 205BC. See a full list of YALSA’s events and programs at Midwinter on YALSA’s Midwinter wiki page.
You may also like:
Latest posts by Anna Lam (see all)
- 2019 YALSA Excellence in Nonfiction Award Finalists Announced! - December 12, 2018
- 2019 Morris Award Finalists Announced! - December 11, 2018
- 2018 Teen Read Week™ Initiative Launched! - April 12, 2018