Happy Friday, Hubbers! Can you believe it’s already December? Where did November go? I’m just amazed that Midwinter is a month away! Anyways, I have news on Star Wars (twice!) and a few best of 2015 lists to brighten your weekend. ICYMI, I’m here to compile all the other fun and interesting news here just for you! Here’s your Week in Review for Friday, December 4th.
Books & Reading
- OMG, you guys. Brian K. Vaughan has a new series out.
- Goodreads revealed their 2015 Choice Awards.
- Love Jessica Jones? Check out Annie Cardi’s suggestions for YA books about superheroes, trauma, and best friends.
- Why pick just one when you can have dystopian-fantasy-romance-adventure? Angie Manfredi has a great round up of genre-blending YA in this School Library Journal article.
- A great piece in the Guardian: Gender non-conformity: breaking the binary in teen fiction.
Movies, TV, Music & Video Games
- Yes! More Han Solo! Ford Says Han Solo Has ‘a More Complex Story’ in ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’.
- So, this is my last Star Wars post, I promise…nbd, but JJ Abrams had help from the creator of Hamilton. J.J. Abrams wrote new Star Wars cantina music with Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda.
- Some photos & updates from the Before I Fall movie set! I am so excited for this movie!
- Complex just released their list of the best video games of 2015.
- Adele is bae, right?
- The Mary Sue has an interesting post on gender roles and Fallout 4.
- Scarlett Johansson has a long interview/therapy session in Entertainment Weekly about the motivations of Black Widow in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Just for Fun
- Dolly Parton’s ‘Coat of Many Colors’ Will Air On December 10th And We Cannot Wait.
- Here are the best LEGO sets of 2015. Someone buy me that Millennium Falcon, k?
- Cool teen library spaces to make you (and me) jealous!
- Looking for a fun way to solicit donations to beef up your collection? Teen Services Underground shares how to start a Book Birthday Program.
— Traci Glass, currently reading Up to this Pointe by Jennifer Longo