Teens’ Top Ten participants are invited to share reader responses on The Hub. This is a post by Ally Bolin.
Songs Jess from Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum (published April 5, 2016) would enjoy.
- “Every Breath You Take” by The Police
This song is all about his guy watching this girl with every breath she takes. She doesn’t know that he watches her or loves her. My character Jess has no idea this guy is watching her and she doesn’t know who he is.
- “Miss You” by the Rolling Stones
Jess misses her mother who died a year before and now she has to deal with the tragedy of her mom’s death. This song is all about missing someone who you once loved.
- “Running on Empty” by Jackson Browne
This song really symbols someone running out on themselves and my character Jess does the same thing. She feels like she can’t keep doing right anymore. She is mentally and morally running on empty.
- “Somebody that I used to Know” by Gotye featuring Kimbra
Jess used to know her father but now he is a stranger she used to know.This song is about a lover realizing he used to know the woman he loved and now they are total strangers.
- “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston
Jess will always love her late mother even though she now has a step mom. No one will ever take her place no matter what. This song symbols loving someone even after they may be gone or out of your life or just a promise to always love them.
- “American Girl” by Bonnie McKee
If Jess was in a good mood she would love this song and would just jam out to it. Jess has a good life and she knows that and this song is all about being happy and embarrassing that “All American Girl”.
- “Royals” by Lorde
Jess is at a new school which means she is a target for the mean girls. They believe they are the “royals” of the school. Jess will prove them wrong and show them they are far from that. The song “Royals” shows that the popular or rich people aren’t anything that fancy or fantastic.
- “That’s What Friends are For” by Dionne Warwick & Friends
The title says it all. Jess had to leave her best friend and now make new friends at her new school. Jess believes her best friend will always have her back and be there for her.
- “Just the Way You Are” by Bruno Mars
This “SN” person keeps talking to Jess and making her enjoy her new life a little bit more. This song is perfect because this mysterious guy sees the real Jess and like her for who she is, not the way she looks.
- “Love Me Like You Do” by Ellie Goulding
Jess would relate to this because she wants someone to love her and to believe she is worthy of love. She isn’t the prettiest or smartest but she will find someone that loves her.
Thanks for sharing, Ally!
You may also like:
Latest posts by Teen Blogger (see all)
- Notes from a Teens Top Ten Book Group Member: All Better Now Fantasy Casting - June 30, 2016
- Literary Jukebox: A Tell Me Three Things Playlist - May 9, 2016
- Teen Perspective: Digitally Remastered – Comic books for gamers! - December 2, 2015