Happy June, reading challengers! It’s time for our last check-in post!
How are you doing with this year’s challenge? At this point, you’ve probably read quite a few new titles and, hopefully, you’ve been able to make use of them in your work in the library (or you’ve just had a lot of fun in the process–that’s good, too.)
So, I have a different question for you this month.
How has the challenge been this year? And, more importantly, what could we do to make the challenge even more fun and useful for you? More eligible titles? A different timeframe? A brand new car for the winner? (Obviously some things are easier for us to accomplish than others.)
We want to ensure that this reading challenge meets the goals of our readers, so please use this as an opportunity to give us some feedback in the comments.
And, remember, the end of the challenge is almost here! So grab those last few books and get reading (here’s the sortable spreadsheet of eligible titles in case you need some last minute ideas). And be sure to tag any social media posts you make about the challenge with #hubchallenge!
Here’s a quick reminder of the challenge guidelines:
- Format matters: a title that has been recognized for both the print version and the audiobook version can be both read and listened to and count as two books, but a book that has won multiple awards or appears on multiple lists in the same format only counts as one title.
- Books must be read/listened to (both begun and finished) between the date the award winners and selected lists have been released and June 30, 2019 at 11:59pm EST. If you’ve already read/listened to a title (before the winners/selected lists were announced), you must re-read/listen to it for it to count. The challenge ends on June 30, 2019 at at 11:59pm EST. Once you’ve completed the challenge, let us know by completing this form.
- Just about everyone who doesn’t work for ALA is eligible to participate. Non-ALA/YALSA members are eligible. Teens are eligible. Non-US residents/citizens are eligible. (More eligibility questions? Leave a comment or email us.)
- The grand prize winner will be selected by 11:59pm EST on July 1, 2019. The winner will be notified via email.
–Stephen Ashley, currently reading Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
You may also like:
Latest posts by Stephen Ashley (see all)
- 2019 Hub Reading Challenge June Check-In - June 14, 2019
- Best Fiction for Young Adults (#BFYA2020) Nominees Round Up, May 31 Edition - May 31, 2019
- 2019 Hub Reading Challenge May Check-In - May 17, 2019