The 2020 Alex Awards winners will be celebrated virtually next week on June 11 at 3:30pm EST and will run for 75 minutes. The virtual celebration will feature a Q&A session with the winning authors. Register now.
The Alex Awards are given to ten books written for adults that have special appeal to young adults, ages 12 through 18. The winning titles are selected from the previous year’s publishing. The Alex Awards were first given annually beginning in 1998 and became an official ALA award in 2002. The award is sponsored by the Margaret A. Edwards Trust.
Participating authors include:
- Angie Cruz, Dominicana, published by Flatiron Books, an imprint of Macmillan Publishers.
- AJ Dungo, In Waves, published by Nobrow.
- C. A. Fletcher, A Boy and His Dog at the End of the World, published by Orbit, a division of Hachette Group.
- Maia Kobabe, Gender Queer: A Memoir, published by Lion Forge, an imprint of Oni Press.
- Seanan McGuire, Middlegame, published by Tor.com Publishing, an imprint of Tom Doherty Associates, a division of Macmillan.
- Casey McQuiston, Red, White & Royal Blue, published by St. Martin’s Griffin, a division of St. Martin’s Publishing Group, an imprint of Macmillan Publishers.
- Temi Oh, Do You Dream of Terra-Two?, published by Saga Press/Gallery Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. Inc.
- Sara Quin and Tegan Quin, High School, published by MCD, a division of Farrar, Straus and Giroux, and imprint of Macmillan Publishers.
Participation is free, but registration is required. Register now.
You may also like:
Latest posts by Anna Lam (see all)
- 2020 Printz and Odyssey Award Virtual Celebration Recordings - July 2, 2020
- The Hub Member Manager Sought for 2020-2021 Term - June 26, 2020
- 2020 Virtual Alex Awards Celebration Recording - June 16, 2020