YALSA’s Best Fiction for Young Adults Committee presents fiction titles published for young adults in the past 16 months that are recommended reading for ages 12 to 18. Click on the title of each book to be taken to the blog post featuring a review, or browse all blog posts here. You can see previous lists on the YALSA website and on the Teen Book Finder app.
If you’d like to suggest a title, please fill out this form. Publishers: contact info for the coordinator of this list can be found at the bottom of this page.
New #BFYA2021 nominees are generally published to the Hub.
The Teen Feedback form is available here.
#BFYA2021 Nomination Posts:
- Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi
- Yes No Maybe So by Becky Albertalli and Aisha Saeed
- Black Girl Unlimited: The Remarkable Story of a Teenage Wizard by Echo Brown
- All-American Muslim Girl by Nadine Jolie Courtney
- Deathless Divide by Justina Ireland
- Tweet Cute by Emma Lord
- Tigers, Not Daughters by Samantha Mabry
- Light It Up by Kekla Magoon
- Be Not Far From Me by Mindy McGinnis
- The Toll by Neal Shusterman
- Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater
- Jane Anonymous by Laurie Faria Stolarz
- Allie Stevens, coordinator
- Tegan Beese
- Heather Christensen
- Michael Fleming
- Laura Giunta
- Stephanie Johnson
- Amanda Kordeliski
- Lisa Krok
- Jodi Kruse
- Shelbie Marks
- Kali Olson
- Karen Stevens
- Andrea Vernola
- Emily Walker
Previous Years’ Blog Posts: