YALSA-bk is a listserv with lively discussions among librarians, educators, and beyond about all things YA lit. Sometimes one listserv member will ask for help finding books around a certain theme or readalikes for a particular title. This post is a compilation of responses for one such request.
The original request
Does anyone have any recommendations for nonfiction titles for teens on environmental awareness/”going green”? So far I have Girls Gone Green and Generation Green, but I’d appreciate any other suggestions.
- Chomp by Carl Hiaasen
- Hoot by Carl Hiaasen
- Flush by Carl Hiaasen
- Boys, Bears, and a Serious Pair of Hiking Boots by Abby McDonald
- They Came From Below by Blake Nelson
- Gaia Warriors by Nicola Davies
- We Are the Weather Makers: The History of Climate Change by Tim Flannery
- Girls Gone Green by Lynn Hirschfield Continue reading Librarians Love: Books That Go Green