Our last post on upcoming trends we see in YA lit was such a hit that we decided to follow it up with a more in-depth discussion. Five Hub bloggers–Gretchen, Sharon, Mia, Nicole, and Emily–attended publisher previews, watched preview webinars, picked up ARCs, and scoured upcoming releases titles to get a sense for what’s been published recently and what’s coming soon. Here are some of the trends we observed.
This isn’t a new trend (we talked about it last fall), but it’s definitely still going strong!
- Of Poseidon by Anna Banks (May 2012)
- Real Mermaids Don’t Hold Their Breath by HÃ©lÃ¨ne Boudreau (May 2012)
- The Vicious Deep by Zoraida Cordova (May 2012)
- Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown (June 2012)
- Waking Storms by Sarah Porter (June 2012)
- Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama (September 2012)
- The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan (September 2012)