In just a few days you’ll find in your mailbox the latest issue of YALS. Summer 2013 is all about teen reading and includes articles on:
- How to use action research to discover what teens really want to read and how to tie that into Teen Read Week
- Young adults in trans* lit
- Religion and spirituality in young adult literature
- Fan fiction and fan culture
- Genrefying library collections
But that’s far from all you’ll find in the issue. Summer is also the time when YALS launches a new section titled The School Angle. Articles that appear in this section specifically focus on topics and issues of particular interest to those working in schools with teens. This summer the focus is on professional development for support staff working in school libraries.
And there is more! We have articles on:
- Creating teen spaces through action research and teen participation
- Getting a football team involved in tech support in a public library
- YALSA Webinars
For the next several weeks on this site you’ll find complimentary content for the summer issue of YALS. We’ll post booklists on trans* lit and on religion and spirituality. You’ll find example action research surveys. And, there will even be a follow-up/update to the trans* lit article that appears in the print issue. Check back at least once a week to see what we’ve added.