In the summer 2013 issue of YALS, Robin Brenner explains the world of fan fiction and fandom. In her article Robin talks about a panel presentation she took part in during the YALSA YA Literature Symposium in November of 2012. You can view Robin’s slides from that presentation titled Fandom and YA Literature.
In just a few days you’ll find in your mailbox the latest issue of YALS. Summer 2013 is all about teen reading and includes articles on:
- How to use action research to discover what teens really want to read and how to tie that into Teen Read Week
- Young adults in trans* lit
- Religion and spirituality in young adult literature
- Fan fiction and fan culture
- Genrefying library collections
But that’s far from all Continue reading