Happy Friday, Hubbers! With news on J.K. Rowling (twice!) and my secret boyfriend, Jon Stewart, this week is turning out to be just as exciting as Halloween (ha – just kidding!). ICYMI, I’m here to compile all the other fun and interesting news here just for you! Here’s your Week in Review for Friday, November 6th.
Books & Reading
- Entertainment Weekly held their EW Fest this past week in NYC. Check out the full YA author panel discussion!
- J.K. Rowling has written part of another children’s book; readers want the book to be finished now.
- Melissa de la Cruz wrote a great blog piece on #StoriesForAll.
- Did you all read Ryan North’s To Be or Not To Be? It’s Hamlet set as a Choose Your Own Adventure! Guess what’s next? Romeo And/Or Juliet!
Movies, TV, Music & Video Games
- NBC has unveiled a first look at the upcoming production of The Wiz Live.
- Speaking of J.K. Rowling…Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them! New logo!! and stills from the movie!
- Cool! Neil Gaiman’s middle grade novel, Fortunately the Milk, is going to be made into a movie.
- Adele is back and so are flip phones? Well, then, read this new Rolling Stone article on Adele if you don’t believe me about the flip phones.
- Wait, what? A Hunger Games theme park?
Just for Fun
- Jon Stewart is coming back to television. Excuse me while I freak out in this corner.
- Tuesday was National Sandwich Day! I lurrve sandwiches.
- Boo. The Golden Girls Lego playset isn’t going to happen.
- Somebody buy this for me. Seriously – it’s pretty affordable.
- Yay! The YALSA YA Literature Symposium is this weekend! Be sure to connect on Twitter by using #yalsa15 Here are some recommendations from Sara Ryan.
-Traci Glass, currently reading A Series of Small Maneuvers by Eliot Treichel