As librarians and library workers who work for and with teens, everyone at The Hub is committed to fostering an empathetic community where all are welcome.
This is a round up of posts from the past year that promote tolerance and respect and celebrate people from all backgrounds.
- Talking with Teens About Tough Issues
- Black Lives Matter: Building Empathy through Reading Part 1 and Part 2
- Racial and Social Justice Podcasts
- Feminist Documentaries for Teens
- LGBTQIA Fiction and Nonfiction
- Middle School Pride: LGBTQIA Fiction and Nonfiction for Tweens
- An Updated Graphic Guide to LGBTQIA Lit for Teens
- YA Lit inspired by Islamic Folklore and Middle Eastern Mythology
- YA Romance with Interracial Couples
- Debut YA Fiction from Diverse Authors
- Readers’ Advisory for Teens Dealing with Tough Social Issues
- Feminist YA Lit
— Molly Wetta, currently reading As Brave as You by Jason Reynolds