The official titles of YALSA’s 2020 Best Fiction for Young Adults (BFYA) list have been announced.
The list consists of 71 titles which were posted and discussed in blogposts on The Hub. View the full list here. The top ten titles were selected after receiving feedback at the BFYA Teen Feedback Session that took place at ALA’s 2020 Midwinter Meeting in Philadelphia.
The top ten titles are:
- The Field Guide to the North American Teenager. By Ben Philippe. HarperCollins/Balzer+Bray. $18.99 (9780062824110).
- Girls on the Verge. By Sharon Biggs Waller. Holt. $17.99 (9781250151698).
- Heroine. By Mindy McGinnis. HarperCollins/Katherine Tegen. $17.99 (9780062847195).
- Like a Love Story. By Abdi Nazemian. HarperCollins/Balzer+Bray. $17.99 (9780062839367).
- Lovely War. By Julie Berry. Viking. $18.99 (9780451469939).
- On the Come Up. By Angie Thomas. HarperCollins/Balzer+Bray. $18.99 (9780062498564).
- Patron Saints of Nothing. By Randy Ribay. Penguin/Kokila. $17.99 (9780525554912).
- Pet. By Akwaeke Emezi. Random/Make Me a World. $17.99 (9780525647072).
- The Stars and the Blackness Between Them. By Junauda Petrus. Dutton. $17.99 (9780525555483).
- With the Fire on High. By Elizabeth Acevedo. HarperTeen. $17.99 (9780062662835).
A huge thank you goes out to the BFYA blogging team for all the hard work and time they put into curating this great list. Thank you!
Members of the 2020 Best Fiction for Young Adults Blogging Team are: Coordinator, Kimmie DePinto, High Plains Library District, Greeley, CO; Jodi Kruse R.A. Long High School Library, Longview, WA; Michael Fleming, Juanita High School, Kirkland, WA; Isaiah West, Alexandria Library, Alexandria, VA; Molly Dettmann, Norman North High School, Norman, OK; Alicia Abdul, Albany High School, Albany, NY; Laura Giunta Garden City Public Library, Garden City, NY; Stephanie Charlefour, Keene, NH; Barbara, CA; Audrey Hopkins, Oak Lawn Public Library, Dallas, TX; Ness Shortley, Horton Middle School, Pittsboro, NC; Molly Wetta, Santa Barbara Public Library, Santa Barbara, CA; and with the help of administrative assistant Molly Moore, Bishop, GA.