It’s time for our last check-in post for this year’s Hub Reading Challenge!
What have you read so far that you’ve loved? What hasn’t met your expectations? What are you planning to read next? Let us know in the comments! Be sure to check the sortable spreadsheet of eligible titles if you’re still looking for books to read. And make sure to tag your reading on social media with #hubchallenge20!
To recap the rules:
- The goal of the Hub Reading Challenge is to read 25 books by the end of June from a list of the most recent award winner and honor books and YALSA selected lists.
- Format matters: a title that has been recognized for both the print version and the audiobook version can be both read and listened to and count as two books, but a book that has won multiple awards or appears on multiple lists in the same format only counts as one title.
- Books must be read/listened to (both begun and finished) between March 1, 2020 at 12:00am EST and June 30, 2020 at 11:59pm EST. If you’ve already read/listened to a title (before the winners/selected lists were announced), you must re-read/listen to it for it to count. The challenge ends on June 30, 2020 at at 11:59pm EST.
- Just about everyone who doesn’t work for ALA is eligible to participate. Non-ALA/YALSA members are eligible. Teens are eligible. Non-US residents/citizens are eligible. (More eligibility questions? Leave a comment or email us.)
- If you’ve already finished, let us know here! The grand prize winner will be selected by 11:59pm EST on July 1, 2019. The winner will be notified via email.
–Stephen Ashley, Hub Member Manager