This year on the Hub we are celebrating the Twelve Days of YA with a series of posts loosely based on the traditional Twelve Days of Christmas gifts. We have converted each gift into a related theme common to YA and paired it with a list of relevant titles. You may use the Twelve Days of YA tag to read all of the posts in the series.
Special thanks goes to Carli Spina, Faythe Arredondo, Sharon Rawlins, Geri Diorio, Becky O’Neil, Carla Land, Katie Yu, Laura Perenic, Jennifer Rummel, Libby Gorman, Carly Pansulla, Anna Dalin, and Allison Tran for their help creating the booklists and organizing this series.
On the ninth day of YA, my true love gave to me nine ladies dancing.
No surprise here, day nine of YA is all about dancers. We hope you enjoy the dance-filled stories that we picked and encourage you to share your favorites in the comments!
- Bunheads by Sophie Flack (2013 Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults)
- Dancer, Daughter, Traitor, Spy by Elizabeth Keim
- A Time to Dance by Padma Venkatraman (2015 Best Fiction for Young Adults Nominee)
- Pointe by Brandy Colbert (2015 Best Fiction for Young Adults Nominee)
- The Melting Season by Celeste Conoway
- The Splendor Falls by Rosemary Clemente-Moore
- To Dance: A Ballerina’s Graphic Novel by Siena Cherson Siegel, Mark Siegel (2007 Great Graphic Novel for Teens)
- Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George (2010 Best Book for Young Adults)
- Don’t Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout (2015 Quick Pick Nominee)
– Jessica Lind, currently reading As You Wish by Cary Elwes