This year on the Hub we are celebrating the Twelve Days of YA with a series of posts loosely based on the traditional Twelve Days of Christmas gifts. We have converted each gift into a related theme common to YA and paired it with a list of relevant titles. You may use the Twelve Days of YA tag to read all of the posts in the series.
Special thanks goes to Carli Spina, Faythe Arredondo, Sharon Rawlins, Geri Diorio, Becky O’Neil, Carla Land, Katie Yu, Laura Perenic, Jennifer Rummel, Libby Gorman, Carly Pansulla, and Allison Tran for their help creating the booklists and organizing this series.
On the second day of YA, my true love gave to me two turtle doves.
As mentioned before, there are a lot of birds in the traditional song, so we focused on the turtle dove’s association with love for today’s list. Love and romance are pretty common topics in a wide-range of YA books, so it was not difficult to come up with titles. We hope you enjoy the titles we picked and encourage you to share your favorite stories with love in the comments!
- My True Love Gave To Me by Various Artists, edited by Stephanie Perkins
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz (2013 Printz Honor Book, 2013 Top Ten Best Fiction for Young Adults)
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
- Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour (2015 Best Fiction for Young Adults Nominee)
- Let It Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle, and Maureen Johnson (2011 Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults)
- Love, Lucy by April Lindner
– Jessica Lind, currently reading My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins